The Endless Simmer just put out its list of America's Best New Sandwiches. With two sandwiches from Philly making the list we realized we have been neglecting sandwiches on the blog even though we're big fans.
So begins our quest to try and review the best sandwiches in Philly minus cheesesteaks (overdone!).
Consider the quest an addendum to our Best of Philly to-do list. We've had quite a time working through the list (just read more about our visits to Amis, Le Virtu and Supper). Why not add more!
This post will be continually updated with the sandwiches we have tried on our quest as well as those still to be conquered. Please let us know your favorites so we can give them a whirl!
- Bulgogi Steak Sandwich - Koja This is not a cheesesteak, its a creative twist from the food truck, Koja, using spicy Korean pork. Read more from My Inner Fatty. It's only $3 and looks amazing. Read about our amazing visit!
- Lasagna Bolognese - Paesano's. Fried lasagna, sweet peppers, mozzarella, provolone and an egg. Hello - that is a sandwich. Read about our visit.
- DiNic's Roast Pork - Somehow we have never had this staple at the Reading Terminal Market. Not for long. Review of our visit.
- Italian Sandwich, Garces Trading Company - This is supposed to be an excellent italian sandwich with some Garces twists.
- Banh Mi - A vietnamese baguette. Heated debates on which place is best so we will visit several. Read about our visit to Q.T.
- Famous 4th St. Deli: We've heard good things about this place and looks like the pastrami is one to try.
- Cucina Zapata - A Thai taco truck near Drexel and People's Choice Award winner at the Vendy Awards. Here's our take.
-Magic Carpet - Vegetarian food truck on Penn's Campus. Our take on their falafel.
- Meatball Sandwich at Stogie Joe's - Tomato pie was on Kristy's 2010 Best of Philly to do list and a coworker said we have to try the meatball sammy, too. Both were fantastic.
- Sarcone's Italian Hoagie -Heard about this legendary sandwich forever. Know we love their tomato pie so betting the hoagie is great.
- Hershel's Reuben - Haven't stopped here yet in Reading Terminal, but fellow foodies recommend it.
- Saad's Chicken Shish Tawoosh Lebanese Style - Thanks to a work colleague for this tip.
- Govinda's Vegetarian Chicken Cheesesteak. A recommendation from a loyal reader. Sadly, it was quite disappointing.
Help us out and tell us your favorite sandwiches so we can add them to the list. Meanwhile, here's a quick photo of Saad's Chicken Shish Tawoosh: